The course covers B1 level English thoroughly – right up to the beginning of B2. This provides a solid foundation for continued learning, and for your learners’ future lives and careers.
What is B1 Level?
B1 is a level of English defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). It is an important level as it bridges the gap between simple and complex language usage. The CEFR says that learners at B1 level:
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
— CEFR Section 3.3
The course is suitable as a preparation for any B1 level exam, including the Cambridge English: Preliminary (commonly known as PET) exam.
- Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET) [Cambridge English Language Assessment.org]
- CEFR [Cambridge English Language Assessment.org]
Next page: Real-world Language